Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summertime Rehearsing

You know, it is interesting that many people feel that when summer comes, all activity stops. That everything goes on holiday to laze around the pool, drink in hand and enjoy the sunshine. NOT!!!! Though that sounds like an amazing way to enjoy the summer, there are many groups that are still planning, organizing, rehearsing and foreseeing a wondrous array of art activities for Uxbridge and community.

I know that I have been going on and on and on about the Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts 25th Anniversary that will be happening in September, BUT as every year, they still organize and meet during the summer to get this going. We are offering you this huge entertaining opportunity to the community and beyond to enjoy art like you have never enjoyed it before. There are so many talented and diverse artists in the community, that it is hard not to get excited about this 2 ½ weeks. AND I don’t want to hear any excuses that you could not find something that you were interested in going to – with art exhibits, studio tours, music nights, author readings, play readings, dance events, all day “buskers”, concerts, plays and so much more – there is NO EXCUSE, so don’t even try to give me one (you may not notice that my head is turned away from your excuses AND my hand is held up to your mouth – funny sight).

There are also rehearsals going on for a play that OnStage Uxbridge will be performing called “Into the Woods”. This is a Stephen Sondhiem at his best play, and with Ruth Smith and David Geene involved in the directing, it will be wonderful to see. Keep on working actors and try to enjoy your summer.

Recently, there were auditions for another OnStage Uxbridge show – “Noises Off” – that will be performed in November but the rehearsals for that will also be happening in the summer. This is directed by Cathy Cristoff which I feel guarantees one of the best comedy farces that will hit the Uxbridge Music Hall stage.

What else is happening – well the Uxbridge Youth Theater recently had their auditions for their new play, and roles have been cast. I am sure that scripts have been handed out and music will be practiced.

What else is happening? Mmmmm – help me to know and I will be happy to blog about it and twitter about it. I sometimes know but I may not know it all (though I sometimes say I do know it all).

Help me by telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment