Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Transport yourself during the Lunch Hour Concerts

I know that I have listed before in this blog, and I am sure that my loyal and focused following of 3 people will remember it, a blog about the Lunch Hour Concerts that will be performed during the upcoming Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts 25th Anniversary year. I just put a bit of a teaser for you, but now I do have some confirmed performers and thought that I would pass them along to you.

We don’t have each lunch hour concert – September 16th, 25th and October 2 @ 12:30pm at St. Andrews Chalmbers Presbyterian Church in Uxbridge – confirmed but I thought that I had enough information to pass something along. (I also had to share another blog entry to the Celebration Blog to satisfy my 3 loyal and focused followers).

We always try to give the audience a variety of performers, and at the same time, try to support the local community. We are thrilled to have two very well known and admired students who have gone on to study voice in University programs, come back for a visit on our “Welcome Back Students”, and we will likely add one more but I don’t have a confirmation on them yet.

Travis Smalley (Wilfrid Laurier University) and Meghan McKibbon (University of Western Ontario) will be returning to share with us in voice, the excitement and joy that they have found in their programs. Accompanying will be Jackie Crawford who has always been here for these students during their training in the Uxbridge area through local vocal teacher, Jennifer Neveu-Cook.

We are also thrilled to announce that BJ Byers has agreed to give us all of his enthusiasm and skill on the piano in a program of classical music. Many people know BJ as the barkeep and manager of Hobby Horse Arms, but he is also an artist who shows such love for the piano and such flair for understanding the music, that this will be a thrilling program.

Our final program is focused on “World Music” and we have not had a confirmation of our performers, but if we get who we want – LOOK OUT! It will be a thrilling program that will transport you to other cultures and music that you would otherwise not hear.

The executive committee of the Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts 25th Anniversary is working hard to present programs that will make you go WOW – and astonish you with the skills of so many local community artists. Yes, I said it – you will audibly and uncontrollably scream – WOW!!!!!! Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment