Friday, March 5, 2010

I just bought myself a piece of art!!!

Talking about all things art - which this blog does if you haven't already noticed, is the fact that I have purchased myself a wonderful piece of art for my birthday. I am thrilled. My parents-in-law sent me some money for my birthday, and as usual, they were very generous, and so I thought - "ohhhh, what can I get for myself?" I could always go to jewellery, clothes, shoes, chocolate (yup I did think to buy that much chocolate), and then realized what I really wanted was a wonderful piece of art from someone that I admire very much - Wynn Walters.

For those who don't know Wynn, he is a very active and long standing artist in the Uxbridge community, and has a wonderful reputation for beautiful sculptures. Some in stone, from wood, from plaster, from bronze - just so much. He is part of just about every community enhancing and improvement group in Uxbridge, along with his wife Mary Margaret, Uxbridge Trails committee, Uxbridge revitalization committee, Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts, singing groups and as always, will be featured on the Uxbridge Studio Tour and involved in the Uxbridge Celebration's Sculptures Symposium. MMMMM, not sure how he will have time to get my piece done, but he promised that he would.

I am just ecstatic to be having a piece of a Wynn Walters art in my home, and if nothing else - IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!

1 comment:

  1. can't resist adding a comment, since I'm the artist named (blush). Yes, I did get the piece finished and delivered. It's a nude female figure, and it hangs on the wall next to a portrait of Rita's husband, who can now ogle it shamelessly 24 hours a day. And yes, we do have a great arts festival coming in the fall. Wynn

    ReplyDelete