Friday, January 8, 2010

Two wonderful voices from Uxbridge - soon to be well known?

I know that there are a number of great respected artists that are living in and around the Uxbridge Community, and some of past blogs have mentioned and described who they might be. But what about the young up and comers. The ones that you may not know of yet, and most likely will sometime in the near future. These are the voices of two young early twenty singers.
And I will apologize at this point if I have missed some famous, semi-famous and soon to be famous new artists, so please let me know who you are and I will devote a blog just to you.

Lauren Christoff is a well known in Uxbridge, and that is not only for the reason that she has had a couple of her songs - including "Won't Stop" - played on the radio stations of Mix 99.9, The New Flow 93.5, CHUM FM and more. She has also done a tour or two and continues to gain some momentum in the very difficult life of a vocal artist. The amazing thing is that while she is working so hard to make her career get a liftoff, she is still studying at Ryerson University. WOW

Leah Daniels (Speers) is also doing a great job making a strong name for herself by teaching, writing, videoing, blogging, and more. She sure knows how to do it. She has recently created a great video titled "Northern Senorita" that is fun to watch and listen to. One thing that I just love that Leah does is her "Leah's Song of the Day" and she does cover songs with just one other instrument and it truly shows the versatility and different styles that she has a strong grasp of.

Both of these gorgeous voices are past students of Jennifer Neveu-Cook, a local voice teacher. She has done some fabulous things with voices in Uxbridge.

Each of these ladies are truly trying following their dreams, and I have to say "hats off to both of you". I wish I had the confidence, passion and joy for what I was doing to do the same thing. I will just have to say that I can feel that I am part of a community that cheers for and supports great young artists like Lauren and Leah.

No comments:

Post a Comment